Re: [Amps] GS-35b Amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35b Amplifier
From: jeff millar <wa1hco@wa1hco.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:15:17 -0500
Hi Nuno...

See Below

On 11/29/2013 05:08 AM, Nuno Lopes wrote:
Hi all,

This will be my first big project like this, I'm in the beginning of start
my first project with an amplifier, and have some questions.

I'll start from the Anode tank first then working around that, I'm thinking
to make an tank like this one (
http://home.earthlink.net/~wd7s/images/photo2a.jpg ) with the
dimensions 7.874" Wide by 11.81" Deep, the tube will be 1.97" from each
side and back of the tank, will there be any problem with that?
The output network has currents that flow in three loops,
   1) Plate,  Tune cap, Grid
   2) Tune Cap, Coil, Load Cap
   3) Load Cap, Output Coax

The ground return path for each of these loops is critical to performance

The design you have shown in the wd7s site has a grid return current path with
several aluminum chassis joints.  Front panel, to bottom chassis, to grid box.

The best design for return current flow puts the tube grid, tune cap, load cap, and output connector
 on the same sheet of aluminum and build from there.

The wd7s design works if each aluminum joint is made to carry high RF current
with
minimum voltage drop.

jeff, wa1hco