Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 132, Issue 23

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 132, Issue 23
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 13:19:30 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:35:47 -0800 (PST), Joe wrote:

>The Wireman carried them for a long time.   I don't know if they still do...
>I've had good luck with them, so far.

REPLY:

Beware of the Wireman. Twice they screwed up my address and as a result my
package drifted around the country for a MONTH and they made no attempt to
contact me or find out what happened. Only after I called them did they look
into it.

Apparently they use some software which checks addresses for correctness and
when it says the supplied address is incorrect, they just change it to what
the software says and they DO NOT contact the customer to see if that's
correct.

Who knows my address better - myself, having lived here for 14 years, or
some piece of software?

I can sort of understand them doing that once but when they did the exact
same thing twice, I said no more. I need my orders a little faster than
that.

A word to the wise.

73, Bill W6WRT