Re: [Amps] "N" Connector

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] "N" Connector
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:51:21 -0800
On 12/15/2013 9:19 AM, Col. Paul E. Cater wrote:
A few weeks ago, there was an excellent thread concerning connectors on one
of the forums.  I didn't see it mentioned so I was wondering if anyone has
tested or subjected the 2-piece "N" connectors to trial by fire?  High
Sierra is the only place I've seen them----
http://www.hamcq.com/1-n-connector-male-for-rg213-rg8-lmr400-2-parts-nconnector2parts.html
The price is reasonable.

This looks like the EXCELLENT N-connector made by Andros Mfg in upstate NY. I LOVE this connector -- easy to install, and it solves the migration problem. http://www.androsmfg.com/products/n-connector.htm <http://www.androsmfg.com/products/n-connector.html> They fit RG8/213 and Commscope 3227 (#10 solid copper center, shield like LMR400) quite nicely. You solder both center and shield to one piece, then screw the retaining shell onto it.

They are not easy to buy though -- I called all the dealers listed on the company's website, and the only one who actually sold them (WB0W) tried to sell me a Chinese knockoff instead. But they did have some Andros connectors in stock, and I bought a dozen or so for my parts stock.

73, Jim K9YCl <http://www.androsmfg.com/products/n-connector.html>