Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101
From: Bill <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 08:58:08 -0800

On 01/17/2014 08:23 AM, Vic Rosenthal wrote:
You don't need to be an expert or have a lot of special tools. Look at my amp,

<http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/4CX1000A/K2VCO%204CX1000A%20Amplifier.html>

The only power tools I used were a drill press and a hand-held jigsaw (a reciprocating sander can be used to make scratched up panels look nice).

REPLY:

You've done a beautiful job Vic, but I have two concerns: I think both your bandswitch and the output loading capacitor are seriously under-rated for a legal limit amp. You didn't ask for advice, but I do want to help.

73, Bill W6WRT