Re: [Amps] Weird tubes in an amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Weird tubes in an amplifier
From: k7fm <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 07:35:33 -0800

On 01/29/14 1:53 AM, peter chadwick wrote:
A good tube. I seem to have quite a lot of them - need to find a use for them.

The 6AG7 can be used when you build a replica Paraset and cannot find a metal 6V6. Rewire a couple of pins. It looks and works the same. The problem is try joining the Paraset Club, if you fess up to using the 6AG7, your application will be rejected. But, it would have been denied anyway because I made mine 40 meters only and used a different power connector.

73,  Colin