Re: [Amps] Solid State Relays Again

To: TexasRF@aol.com, donroden@hiwaay.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid State Relays Again
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:42:08 +0100
I think that there is a very good argument in favour of Gerald's (K5GW)
suggestion. If the relay went short on switch on, would you know? Not until you
tried to turn it off and found that it wouldn't! If it goes at switch off -
which, from the argument on V and I relationship when turned on seems probable,
you wouldn't know if it failed at switch ON or switch OFF.

32 years in the semiconductor industry makes me very dubious about the vaunted
semiconductor device reliability....After all, who would have believed 50 years
ago that semiconductor devices could exist that, even when unused, inherently
have a shorter life than most tubes?

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Feb 10 2014, 07:22 PM