[Amps] Fan Noise in GS-35b Amplifiers

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fan Noise in GS-35b Amplifiers
From: "Jack C. Shutt" <w9gt@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:07:05 -0800 (PST)
I have gathered from all the info that I have read on amps using the GS-35b
that a healthy air flow is necessary to keep these tubes happy.  Unfortunately,
the 100 CFM squirrel cage blower that is recommended for this purpose is quite
noisy.  Any suggestions for an effective cooling arrangement that is quieter?
I thought about remotely locating the blower and using a hose duct to the amp,
but this is just not practical in my shack.  Suggestions?   73,  Jack, W9GT