Re: [Amps] HV & temps

To: Gary@ka1j.com, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV & temps
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:01:37 +0100
The Acom 1500 monitors output air temperature: it doesn't tell me what I am
supposed to do with the information. I suspect that it is part of fault
diagnosis, because there is a warning about exceeding 1200 watts output in
continuous carrier modes without an additional external fan, and a faulty of
that kind would be logged in the microprocessor memory.

Otherwise, it's bit like the provision of a pyrometer in the early days of
superheating steam lcomotives: it gives information but nobody knows what to do
with it!

73

Peter G3RZP