Re: [Amps] low pass filter fail ;)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] low pass filter fail ;)
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:47:57 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 4/27/2014 5:21 PM, Benedikt Sveinsson wrote:
But the filter was measured using a mini VNA Pro analyser with good results.
1:1.2 SWR on the operating frequency and cuttoff starts around 150Mhz

REPLY:

I wonder if the problem with the filter overheating might be that the cutoff frequency is too close to the operating frequency?

That's just a guess - I have no personal experience with this kind of problem but that's what jumps out at me.

73, Bill W6WRT