Re: [Amps] low pass filter fail ;)

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] low pass filter fail ;)
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:32:04 +0200
With a VSWR of only 1.2:1, I wouldn't have thought it was too close to the cut
off frequency. Passive LC filters (other than the absorptive types) work by
having a high VSWR in the stop-band. According to the table in Geffe's book
(Simplified Modern Filter Design), a VSWR of 1.22:1 represents a ripple of
0.04dB. I would suspect a lossy capacitor - we don't know the details of the
filter designs and exactly what the capacitor was, nor the power level. You can
have some high currents at quite low power levels.

vy 73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Apr 28 2014, 05:48 AM