[Amps] Rigol DMM

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Rigol DMM
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 09:35:49 -0600
I'm looking at a Rigol DM3058E bench DMM to replace my beloved Fluke bench
DMM (whose vacuum fluorescent display is fading) and wonder if anyone on the
list has used one? Specifically, I'd like to know if the LCD display is
backlighted, and also if the test leads are compatable with HP and Fluke
test leads, both of which I have a drawer full. I can't find any mention of
on the web or in the Rigol documentation (although the DM3068 does have
backlighting).  Normally, I'd prefer to buy an Agilent, Fluke, or Keithley
bench DMM, but the ones I've seen are older designs that don't have many of
the features of the Rigol, and of course they're pricier also.

Tnx,

Jim W8ZR