Re: [Amps] LK-500 ZB problem

To: amps@contesting.com, mike9v@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK-500 ZB problem
From: Vic Rosenthal K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 19:09:44 -0700
Mike,

I can't answer most of your questions, but in general the most likely cause of vacuum relay failure is hot-switching. This could be due to the design of the amplifier, or the transceiver used to drive it.

K4MGS (Max Gain Systems) <http://www.mgs4u.com/index.html> often has suitable vacuum relays at reasonable prices.