Re: [Amps] Ion Pump

To: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ion Pump
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 22:02:04 -0400
On 7/20/2014 8:07 PM, Hardy Landskov wrote:

This is well outside my realm of experience. The claim of 1 X 10^-12 would be extremely difficult to obtain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum . So far, I've not found a definitive answer to the actual vacuum required in normal production, power tubes tat are use at amateur power levels, or several times higher.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Roger,
As an EE myself now retired, have any experiments or production units of vacuum tubes been done while the shuttle program was ongoing? Maybe there is the vacuum of outer space that might be better than what's achieveable on earth but you might collect particles floating by as well from space junk that would negate the advantages. Just curious or maybe it's classified....or maybe just impractible.
73 Hardy N7RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>