Re: [Amps] Source for replacement PS caps

Subject: Re: [Amps] Source for replacement PS caps
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 06:25:58 +0800
K4POZ sells 390uF/450V/105°C capacitors at $2.75 each plus shipping. They are not screw terminal jobs but that shouldn't matter.

See http://swap.qth.com/c_amphf.php and scroll down the ads to get to his ad.. He renews it quite often.

73, Alek. VK6APK

On 11/10/2014 1:42 AM, Steve NR4M wrote:
Hello all,

Figured it was time to re-cap the PS for my Ten-Tec since they are about 25 years old. The amp hasn't been used in a while so you just know what will happen if I DON'T re-cap it before I use it.

I really don't want to change (mechanically) the way the originals are mounted in order to use a different, possibly more available, cap.

Looking for suggestions on sources other than the 'usual' (Digikey, Mouser, etc...)

These caps are 400 MFD x 450 VDC, 85 degree, with screw terminals on top. Terminals appear to be #10, with a 1/2 inch spacing. Dia is 1 3/8 inch and length is 5 5/8 inches, or so.

100 degree would be nice and the capacity can be +/-.

Any input would be helpful. I just don't want to pay $25 per cap if I can find similar for $15.

--
From Sunny Binningup

---
is active.