Re: [Amps] HV Diodes

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Diodes
From: Dan Simmonds <info@dedicatedrf.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 12:35:04 -0400
Hi Roger,

To sell to us they don't need certification. Of course they'd sell a lot more with certification and dealers which would push the price up a notch.

## Agreed.

I'd rather have a true QRO SS amp that'd run the legal limit on any mode and stay cool. That'd mean about 2 to 2.5 KW PEP capability and being SS they'd have to be computer controlled to stay legal.

## A Utah-based commercial RF design firm and myself are doing precisely this now (and have been for many months).

As fat as I see, a true SS QRO amp will still cost an arm and a leg. Maybe I'm wrong. Theoretically they should be able to build a "clean" SS amp with IM figures in the 40+ db range for well less than the cost of tube amps of the same power within a couple of years. I really liked the Tokyo Hi-Power amps.

## It won't be cheap, but not an arm and a leg either. What, in your opinion, can be improved upon regarding the Tokyo Hy-Power models? FYI - we are running switching supplies, a 7" LCD interface, and a bluetooth transceiver in the box. I do have bench-top photos, but they are still very rough.

73

Roger (K8RI)

73
Dan  KK3AN