Re: [Amps] Solid State Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid State Amps
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:59:25 +0000
Carl,

With all your spare time how about coming up with a substitution chart plus what changes are needed for a wide range of RF devices that are no longer in production with some unobtainium? This would include VHF/UHF brick amps.

Covering as many as possible, that would be a loooooong chart! And it would keep changing all the time, as more old parts go out of production, and new ones appear.

I find it more practical to look for suitable replacements just for specific parts, as needeed. When I do that, I look just at the characteristics of the original part, and then do a parametric search at some vendor's web site, to find what parts are available _now_, that meet the requirements.

Manfred