Re: [Amps] L4B biasing

To: mikflathead@aol.com,amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] L4B biasing
From: Paul Baldock <paul@paulbaldock.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 13:23:12 -0800
Yes you should add bias. I added 11 diodes in the center tap of the filament trany. So that would be about 7 volts.

- Paul

.At 12:52 PM 12/24/2014, you wrote:
I just finished me Drake power supply. I used a Drake transformer and a doubler board with 8 caps. I have 2600 volts showing on the high voltage meter. I have eliminated all the bias circuit in the power supply that Drake used. At idle I show 200 mills of plate current. My question is should I add a bias circuit? I purchased a W4ZT board but wonder if I need it. Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

---