Re: [Amps] High Voltage Wire

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High Voltage Wire
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:24:30 +0000
Be aware that modern OEM spark leads are resistive; usually something like a
carbonized cotton "conductor" or perhaps monel or a similar alloy with an
appropriate insulation. Been that way for decades.

Low resistance copper ignition wire is pretty much unusable except with
carbureted racing engines.  The attendant RFI plays havoc with engine control
computers needed for EFI, never mind the radio.

Al
AB2ZY