Re: [Amps] High Voltage Wire

To: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High Voltage Wire
From: RMorris <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 19:47:54 -0500
On Jan 19, 2015, at 5:24 PM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:

> Be aware that modern OEM spark leads are resistive; usually something like a
> carbonized cotton "conductor" or perhaps monel or a similar alloy with an
> appropriate insulation. Been that way for decades.
>
> Low resistance copper ignition wire is pretty much unusable except with
> carbureted racing engines.  The attendant RFI plays havoc with engine control
> computers needed for EFI, never mind the radio.
>
> Al
> AB2ZY

Took awhile for my brain to spin up.....   "Packard 440"

http://enginebarn.myshopify.com/products/7mm-packard-440-spark-plug-wire

https://www.brillman.com/store/configurable_product_detail/7mm-packard-440-ac-delco-spark-plug-wire-sold-by-the-foot-302

If you were any good, in 1958, you could tell what model car was within 2
miles, on your Hallicrafters S20R.  1957 Ford Fairlanes were good for four
miles.