Re: [Amps] Tetrode software

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tetrode software
From: Scott Townley <scott@nx7u.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 13:22:28 -0400
One thing to keep in mind is that this is written in Visual Basic 6...which is beyond obsolete!
The installer is very basic and I think a bit counter-intuitive.
1. Extract the files from the downloaded .zip file
2. Run "Setup.exe". The first window will be "Welcome to the Tetrode installation program", click OK. 3. Next window is "begin teh installation by clicking the button below"...which is the button with the picture of the computer and a box of software (told you it was old). Often on this window I get confused because the only command-button-looking items are "Exit" and "change directory", there's no "GO" or "install" button. 4. next screen asks for what Program Group you want to put the shortcut into.
5. then you're done.

When you start the program, the first thing to do is OPEN a file...which is the digitized constant-current curves of the tetrode you are interested in. I have supplied several in the download. Once you choose one, the Screen Bias entry will be populated...that's the reference Eg2 for the curves. You then enter the Grid Bias, Anode Bias, and the peak RF-cycle points (Max Grid Volts and Min Anode Volts), and click "Calculate". All the information you would have gotten from the Eimac EB-5 will populate. Note in the upper right corner of the working screen is information on the limits of the digitized data. If you exceed the limits the program is extrapolating rather than interpolating and you're on your own.

As to the "Charts" button...it doesn't do anything. Sorry. The charts I made for the 4CX1000A study I did in Excel.

I hope this little bit helps. I just downloaded it and installed it in an XP window on my Win7 machine with no problems.

--
Scott NX7U