Re: [Amps] 12V IM3

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 12V IM3
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 13:57:13 -0400
Roger: While many of the technical points are valid, using Consumer Price
Index  (CPI) to compare "rig" prices is not realistic. Electronics,
particularly consumer electronics is the outlier -- it does NOT follow the
CPI..For example, a typical TV now is a 42", which goes for $450 in 2015. A
21" RCA color tabletop TV would cost $500 in 1960. Using the CPI, that
would be almost $4000 in today's dollars, BUT, a $450 42" TV (Typical,
today) would cost $56 in 1960 dollars. Its just not fair to use CPI to
compare then and now electronics prices. Too much has changed. I used TVs.
It becomes even more absurd when comparing digital computers!. --Mike,
WV2ZOW