Re: [Amps] SB-220 6 meter conversion parasites

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 6 meter conversion parasites
From: Steve via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:40:57 -0400
Hi Steve,

I agree with Alex...you're not describing parasitic oscillations (i.e.
oscillations at some random frequency.)  You're describing a high power
oscillator!  Remember the difference between an oscillator and an amplifier  is
only a feedback path. If you can measure the frequency of the oscillation,
and it's on 6 meters, you have output leaking back into the input circuit.
I'd look at the shielding around the input circuit - I used some PCB stock to
 add isolation in mine. I'd also look to use separate, shielded relays, as
in the  2008 article,  to make sure that's not where the feedback is
occurring.
Also, if you can post some pictures of the top and bottom views of the
chassis, that may be revealing as well.

Steve  Gilbert
K1SG
K1SG@AOL.com

In a message dated 7/17/2015 12:11:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,