[Amps] Alpha 76PA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 76PA
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 19:10:11 -0600
A friend of mine is selling off most of his ham gear.  He has an Alpha 76PA
amp that has been in storage.  He bought it second hand and I am not sure
how much use he got out of it.  It is in non-smoke environment.

We are trying to decide on an asking price.  Or would it be better to part
it out?  Those three 8874 tubes are probably worth a lot.  I was thinking of
testing one tube at a time in the amp to verify its condition as we don't
have an antenna or high power dummy.  Good or bad idea?

Doug

Generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

---