[Amps] MFJ-998RT Tuner

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] MFJ-998RT Tuner
From: Lee <L@w0vt.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:28:10 -0500
Anyone on here using or used a MFJ-998RT remote antenna tuner? I plan to put up a vertical Loop with the bottom leg along the ground and am wanting a high power remote tuner to tune the thing. The only feedback I can find on the internet is from owners back 3 or 4 years ago. I am very leery about MFJ but they seem to be the only manufacturer of a high power remote antenna tuner. I want to use the tuner with my Drake L-4B amplifier. I'd really like to build one using a BIG Roller Inductor and variable capacitor with maybe fixed caps added with relays. Before I think about actually how to build it I am going to put up this very large vertical loop and then tune it with a rig at it's base to see what is needed to tune it for all the bands. However, the MFJ-998RT has caught my eye. Not sure if this is GRIEF CITY or not.
Lee, w0vt