Re: [Amps] Ham sells fine grit thing to clean contacts

To: Charles H <k4vud@hotmail.com>, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ham sells fine grit thing to clean contacts
From: George <at6c@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:33:00 -0500
Charly and the group,
Using files/sandpaper/emery cloth/etc for contact cleaning is a bad idea for reasons already cited. Alcohol with paper/business cards works for light cleaning. If more vigorous cleaning is required I would suggest getting a contact burnisher. These are available from electronic supply houses and eBay.
73, George
W2GS