Re: [Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP

To: "'Manfred Mornhinweg'" <manfred@ludens.cl>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP
From: " Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 22:10:58 -0500
>>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: Amps [mailto:amps-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Manfred Mornhinweg
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 2:24 PM
To: amps@contesting.com

>snip<

While being fair, of course we can still have an innocent little laugh. 35,000
lines of code equals roughly 600 printed pages. No
human being could possibly keep full track of how such a large program works!

>>>Nonsense. With appropriate use of modularity, abstraction, and iterative
>>>development, competent software engineers can
successfully implement, test, document, deploy, and maintain systems that
involve millions of lines of high-level language source
code.

>>>On the other hand, 200 lines of defect-laden spaghetti code can be
>>>inscrutable.

        73,

                Dave, AA6YQ