Re: [Amps] Bird slugs component values ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird slugs component values ?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:18:23 -0800
Also consider a high quality electronic meter like N8LP's LP100A. It's factory calibrated up to 6M, is auto-ranging, and reads complex V and I to compute power and VSWR. It reads peak hold, average, and continuous instantaneous peak for tuning. By the time you buy a Bird and a bunch of slugs, you could buy an LP100A and have money left over. BTW -- an LP100A can handle two sensors and switch automatically or manually between them. I'm using a pair of sensors on the outputs of the two Ten Tec 425s in my SO2R station.

I own a couple of Birds with a bunch of slugs. They only way they get used now is at VHF and UHF.

73, Jim K9YC