[Amps] * * * 2.5 kW HF Linear * * *

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] * * * 2.5 kW HF Linear * * *
From: AB <awbusiek@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:35:52 -0500
​

*  *  *  2.5 kW HF Linear  *  *  *

*Gates-Harris HFL-2500 Linear Amplifier Continuous duty 2,500 W output from
2-30 MHz*

The final output tube is an Eimac 4CX-3000A, with a 4CX-250B for the driver.

For tube specs see:
http://www.cpii.com/docs/datasheets/78/4CX3000A-8169.pdf
https://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/140/8/8169.pdf
http://www.relltubes.com/filebase/en/src/Datasheets/4CX30000.pdf

Original factory manual is included.

It was donated to W0EEE (University of Missouri-Rolla Ham Club) in the mid
1980's; and the donor assured the Club at the time that it was fully
operational.  The W0EEE ham shack didn't have a 220V circuit available to
power it - nor did they have an HF antenna capable of handling full legal
limit - much less 2,500 W.  Thus, they decided to sell it to raise funds
for other club projects.  I bought it thinking that it would make a killer
amp for a 10M FM split-site repeater - or possibly someday becoming minor
"big gun" on the HF bands.  It's been sitting in my (heated & air
conditioned) basement for 28 years - patiently waiting for me to do
something with it.  However, like most of the other "treasures" that
followed me home over the years from various ham-fests & flea markets, the
grandiose projects I envisioned for them at the time somehow never seemed
to come to fruition; and grudgingly I've finally come to accept the fact
that I'm never going to use the HFL-2500  : - (

Price Reduced to *$800*  (I'll be dropping the price monthly by $100
increments until it sells)

A PDF with pics & specs is available by email attachment for anyone
interested.

It's located at my QTH.  Local pick-up preferred - it weighs 667 lbs.

Shipping is possible, but I really don't want to deal with getting it to a
local trucking company terminal.

73,

WF5U
Springfield MO 65809