[Amps] Bring a SB-220 Back To Life.

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Bring a SB-220 Back To Life.
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 11:36:11 -0500
I have an old SB-220, That when it was running, ran like what? Holy COW! Long story.

Anyway, I desire to being it back to life. It was last on the air in 1993. And has sat in storage places, and damp basements ever since.

As a primer to the home-brewing of these other Amps I plan on making. I want to bring this girl back to life.

I will shortly be installing the 220 power in the shack, and even have ready for it a 220 volt variac.

So, I have discussed this with some others, and got several different theories on how I should proceed in bringing this back to life with the least possible chance of any damage.

So what do all you pro's here say. step by step, what would you do if this was your amp. And you wanted to bring it back to life after sitting since 1993.

Here is the story of how I came to own this amp, and it's,,, well,, uniqueness?

http://www.qsl.net/nss/SB-220-Story.html

Joe WB9SBD
--
Sig