Re: [Amps] Alpha 87a Low receive

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87a Low receive
From: Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 19:43:44 +0300
Just one data point, but I had an 86 for at least a year, used it heavily and the PIN diodes were fine. I am sure I accidentally transmitted into the wrong antenna several times. I did have a pretty good lightning protection setup with multiple ground rods and ICE protectors that provided a DC ground path for static, so maybe that helped protect them.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO