Re: [Amps] Looking for the 'average' value of a Collins 30S-1

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking for the 'average' value of a Collins 30S-1
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 17:20:22 -0500
$1500 if an acquaintance, $1800 if a friend's family.

Don W4DNR

Quoting Pete Lancashire <pete@petelancashire.com>:

I have to soon make an offer on a Collins 30S-1 that appears to have never
been used
and I'm trying to judge value.

The SK passed away a couple years ago and stopped his ham activity in 2006.

Inside is the bag of cables, labels, etc and a green final inspection tag
was
attached to inside of F201's fuse cap. The manual was in a bog, but it had
been opened.

There are no connections to power, RF in and out.

I'll be pulling it out of where it is, and be able to get more pictures.
Right now
all I can get a camera into is the bottom from the front, and even then only
about 12" of clearance.

The only 'defect' I can see so far is there is a DOD ID plate
AM-4783/GRC-159(V)
what appears to be scratches in the pictures are cobwebs and dead spiders.

http://petelancashire.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=6989