Re: [Amps] SCR to adjust 240v to 200v

To: Jim Durham <jimdur@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SCR to adjust 240v to 200v
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 15:41:33 -0400
Jim: Motorola did something like you describe in their "MOTRAC" series base
stations (beige cabinets) in the 1960s and 70s. These were 250-350 watt
output stations using a pair of 8560s as finals. They regulated B+ with
SCRs in the transformer primary. All done at 60 Hz and never had any RFI
issues from these supplies. I do not have any manuals. Later versions of
these stations used constant voltage transformers. Good luck finding a
solution. --73, Mike, wv2zow