[Amps] What Do you think?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] What Do you think?
From: Arnie Pfingst <arnie123@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 18:43:45 +0000
I'm interested in buying a home built amp using two 3-1000 (or 4-1000 i dont
remember which). I had the opportunity to try it. HV is at 3500 volt under
load, and the Ip meter goes to 1 amp,  I drove it to about 500 ma

It displayed over 1500 watts on a bird 4410 meter into a tri band antenna with
no surprises. it just sat there looking good. This thing appears to be well
built. it covers 10 thru 80 meters

The power supply (full wave with two big oil caps) with blower is in a separate
cabinet under the RF deck. Its similar to the older Henry amps. And very quiet.
The only thing I wasn't ready for is the amount of heat it gave off WHEW! The
guy is asking $900

What do you all think?

Arnie

Kd6cz