Re: [Amps] Stock up on tubes?

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stock up on tubes?
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 09:31:57 -0600
On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com> wrote:
> ------------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE ------------(may be snipped)
>
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 06:19:20 -0600, K5UH wrote:
>
>>As hams drink the solid state kool-aide and rush out to unload their
>>perfectly good tube gear and buy dinky little light weight plastic
>>boxes with heat sinks, the rest of us reap the benefits of the free
>>market lowering prices due to a glut of vacuum tube equipment.   Let
>>them complete their slide into glorified CB.
>
> REPLY:
>
> The same attitude was common when transceivers moved from tubes to
> solid state.

Who cares; it's go nothing to do with transceivers, you can't even get
my call-sign right, and you wonder vaguely about some "gotcha"
converting a lightweight Heathkit amp to an 8877, evidently not even
realizing that the chassis would have to be pressurized.  Not
impossible but some sheet metal work would be involved along with a
blower mount.  I have things to do.  73 & Happy Holidays

Rob
K5UJ