Re: [Amps] Alpha 9500 vs. Acom 2000A questions

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 9500 vs. Acom 2000A questions
From: Dick Green <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 15:43:35 -0500
Strange that the factory recommends keeping autotune off. I've never found that
to be necessary with the 87A. Once it finds a match, the autotune stops
hunting. Could be that they're concerned about antennas that are harder to
match than mine, which are all resonant at the operating frequency. That said,
I my understanding is that the 9500 autotune is considerably faster than the
87A, so maybe it's more sensitive to slight impedance variations.

73, Dick WC1M

73, Dick WC1M