Re: [Amps] Pulls?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pulls?
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 22:33:08 -0600
add to the list of Pulls here,

I got 8 of 4CX100K if anyone is interested.

And if you want to compete with Italy,

I got 4 of the 4CX15000A he he he

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 12/7/2016 6:44 PM, RAY FRIESS wrote:
Speaking of pulls ..   I was a broadcast engineer about 35 years ago and we
would regularly pull tubes when they were down to about 90% of their rated
readings in the transmitter.  We would throw them out and replace them with new
ones, until I started saving the pulls and taking them home.

As a result, I have about a dozen 4-125 and 4-250 tubes which were primarily
used in the modulator section of our 5 KW transmitter.   They have been in
storage at my home ever since and are still, for all intents and purposes,
brand new.  They look brand new even, considering that they were replaced when
they were at 85 to 90% efficiency.  I kept them thinking they would work great
for ham linears for anyone who was building a linear.

If there is any interest, let me know.....   Most of them I rewrapped in their
original padding and put back in their original boxes and stored in a safe
place.