Re: [Amps] Time to back up- SS and autotune

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Time to back up- SS and autotune
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 17:25:17 -0500
  On 12/17/2016 02:36 PM, qrv@kd4e.com wrote:

Is this an example of what is being discussed?

http://www.fmamtv.com/products/Radio/BE%20AM10A.html

  I think not, the Harris (and their predecessors) switch modules on at
it's prescribed (full) power and off, there is no modulator/s.
  Each module has a inhibit signal doing the switching, fed from a
logic module.  I do not know Harris's design, but originally in the
design each module has a 3 dB power increase over the next lower module
so the logic module knows if 500 Watts from a 1,000 Watt transmitter
only the 500  Watt is on, if 750 Watts is needed the 500 and the 250
Watt modules are enabled, this is all at the rate of the audio.
  Harris has undoubtedly modified the design to not coincide with the
patent holder of this basic design.  (Adam something)
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.