Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears’ Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears’ Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 05:33:10 +0000
For what it's worth:  I'm OK with the 15 dB rule for one simple
reason. Take the rule away and you will soon have a bunch of ten watt
transceivers on the market. Ten watts on HF is pretty much useless and
most of us would end up buying an amp just to be heard. With the 15 dB
limitation, 100 watt transceivers have become pretty much the rule and
can be quite effective on HF.

QRP'ers will go into orbit over this, but I can't hear 'em anyway. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT