[Amps] 4 wire EBM Papst fan but without using PWM

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 4 wire EBM Papst fan but without using PWM
From: Conrad PA5Y <g0ruz@g0ruz.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 16:28:25 +0100
I have a couple of EBM-PABST 3254J/2H3P fans which have a 4 wire interface. I do not want to use PWM and while they run with just the positive and negative DC voltage applied they tend to change speed in a random way when I run my amplifier without the PWM and tacho wires floating. How can I ensure that the fan runs properly without using PWM? Can I just tie the PWM input high via a resistor and ignore the tacho connection?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

---