Re: [Amps] Alpha Seventy HV Meter Readings

To: "'Amps group'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha Seventy HV Meter Readings
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:50:06 -0500
Bill,

The Alpha 70 series definitely connects the HV meter return to chassis
ground and not B-.  As designed by Alpha, it must be that way, since the
multimeter is shared with several other functions including forward and
reverse power.  A dedicated HV meter would not have this limitation and the
series string of components could be connected between B+ and B-.

Paul, W9AC