[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 170, Issue 4

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 170, Issue 4
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 06:15:19 -0800
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 21:16:16 -0800
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 170, Issue 4

Is this post from a ham?  I don't see a call anywhere. Not in the spirit
of the ham radio that I grew up with and still try to practice.

I'm a retired EE, 75 years old, a ham for 61 years. I was 64 years old
before I bought my first power amp. Two years later, I bought another
one, a Titan. It came with some problems that I had to fix. We old farts
aren't as incompetent as some younger folks think.

73, Jim K9YC

##  U didnt get an amp until age 64 ?   Thats amazing. I was on my
3rd amp by age 20.....all hb.   Between noise + limited ants on 80m, and loran
on 160m,
and broadcasters on 40m, and the usual gong show on 20m,  I gave up on the
100w nonsense.

Jim  VE7RF