[Amps] PowerGenius XL - Others

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] PowerGenius XL - Others
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 23:50:08 -0800
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 00:46:10 +0000
From: Charles H <k4vud@hotmail.com>
To: Kevin <kstover@ac0h.net>, "amps@contesting.com"
<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PowerGenius XL - Others

I still support the SPE Expert 2K FA for my own specific needs:

-AC electric power fluctuations handled.

-No need for max output, work world with 5el yagis and 800-1200 output.

-Will do SO2R in the box, fast switching.

-Built in fast, effective antenna tuner.

-Price in Rome EU 4,750.  $5,053 today.

-Becomes invisible in operation.

-Change from one driver (transceiver) to the other instant and automatic.

I just like this model.  Charly

##  $5K  for an 800 watt amp is a bit pricey imo.  But it meets your
requirements,
does SO2R, and has a kw rated auto tuner, instant on etc.

##  Eventually somebody will come out with a water cooled LDMOS amp, with a
diplexer,
low imd, and a switching supply to handle it all.  IE:  1.5 kw CCS  rtty amp.
Ok, at that point, you
now have the real deal.  If priced right, tubes are history.

Jim  VE7RF