Re: [Amps] Checking Filament Voltage

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Checking Filament Voltage
From: Roger Parsons via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:59:38 +0000 (UTC)

OK. More explanation apparently necessary.

The transformer is larger than I need (but it's what I have), and yes it does
have taps. The nominal voltage is what the tube requires, but the no load
voltage is significantly higher, and as I am only taking half the potential
current I don't know exactly what the voltage will be under load. So I need to
select the tap. There is a resistor and a variable resistor in series with the
primary of the transformer which should give me about 0.5V adjustment in
filament voltage, and a less brutal start up. That will be fine when I find the
correct starting point. Whilst there are obviously other methods of achieving
this, using the actual installation seems to me to be the most logical.

73 Roger