Re: [Amps] Checking Filament Voltage

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Checking Filament Voltage
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:24:53 -0700
The simplest solution for amps with separate filament xfmrs is
probably to install an inrush current limiter in series with the
xfmr's primary winding. These look like disc capacitors and cost about
a dollar. I use them frequently on any circuit that has a initial
surge current, and a constant load current in equilibrium.

Probably the easiest amplifier to install one in is the drake L4B. I
removed the jumper on a terminal strip and replaced it with the
current limiter. Took five minutes, most of which was spent removing
the screws on the bottom cover.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone