Re: [Amps] Shipping Costs

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Costs
From: Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 21:07:54 +0200
The USPS is fine inside the US. It even does a good job of getting a package to the airport in a foreign country. But then it is in the hands of the postal service in the destination country. In some countries, this is not a good thing.

UPS and FEDEX handle everything end-to-end, including clearing the package through customs. They usually do it the day it arrives. Then they deliver the package. It is tracked all the way to your door.

With USPS, the tracking is good until it gets to the airport, which is a few miles away from where I live. Then it disappears into a black hole, where it may stay for two to four weeks before I get it. IF I get it.

Yes, they charge a lot. For some countries, it is absolutely worth it.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO