[Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 11:17:37 -0800
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 01:44:43 +0000
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 20:26:23 -0500, Jim wrote:

>> ##  de-ionized water is a chemical process, so you end up with pure
>> water.....

REPLY:

De-ionized water is NOT pure, it is merely free of ionized atoms or
molecules. There may still be impurities which are not ionized such as
organic molecules.

When I worked in the avionics industry, we used de-ionized water to
clean circuit boards. Distilled water was strictly forbidden due to
it's corrosive properties on the plumbing.

73, Bill W6WRT

###  Ok, what do you call rain water, that falls  from the sky ?
It was not boiled, but was evaporated.   I should collect a sample of rain
water in a SS bowl, then pour into a plastic cap, then stuff the  fluke 87
probes into it, and see what the dc resistance is.   I did this with tap water,
and also distilled water.    Distilled water was WAY higher, by several
magnitudes.   Interesting to note that Paul bought distilled water at wallgreens
that had low resistance.    Caused grief in his vapor cooled  alpha.  Sounds
to me like they were selling plane tap water....labeled as distilled.

##  Folks on here have mentioned the use of  distilled AND de-ionized water.
AFAIK, the 4 litre jugs of distilled water, sold at my local grocery store are
distilled only.
IE: Clean water that has been boiled, and  the steam condensed back to water.

Jim  VE7RF