Re: [Amps] Price per Watt Conversation

To: "Catherine James" <catherine.james@att.net>, <amps@contesting.com>, "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Price per Watt Conversation
From: <w8hw@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:12:05 -0400
In my 40 + years in transmitter repair, I have repaired hundreds of Solid State amplifiers and less than that tube amplifiers.

Most people have the idea of tube Obsolescence is a problem and that is backwards. The truth of the matter is... Whatever solid state device is in vogue today will be impossible to get twelve months from then. At that point you may have getting your Solid State amp repaired then, Tubes on the other hand (such as 3-500, 8877 etc), Have been around for 30 plus years and look like they will be around for long time yet.

73, Bruce, W8HW

-----Original Message----- From: Catherine James