Re: [Amps] SWR and amplifiers

To: Amps group <amps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SWR and amplifiers
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 02:32:51 +0000

On Thu, 25 May 2017 10:12:20 +0800, VK6APK wrote:

>No. Read it again. Ron was saying that 100% of the 1000 Watts, minus the
>compounded resistive losses is going out into space. Those losses would
>NOT amount to 100 Watts of dissipation.
>
>Therefore, with your superconductor feedline, as there are no esistive
>losses, 100% of the 1000 Watts will be radiated.

REPLY:

If I understand you correctly, my 100 watts of reflected power is only
important because it increases feed line loss, correct? With a
lossless feed line the reflected power is still present but does no
harm other than affecting the impedance at the feed point?  Correct so
far?

So when my SWR meter shows 1000 watts forward power, that really is
the true output of the amplifier before losses in the feed line are
taken into account, correct?  It's starting to make sense.

73, Bill W6WRT