[Amps] Nice new japanese tube amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Nice new japanese tube amp
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 09:25:07 -0700
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 10:13:53 +0100
From: Chris Wilson <chris@chriswilson.tv>
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Nice new japanese tube amp

##  You can no doubt buy it without the tube...or the entire  B+ supply.
Henry offered those options on their 8k- Ultra.  The part that baffles me is
their
use of fixed C for the C2 load cap.   How does that even work ?    All he has
is a variable tune cap, and a roller coil....and a mess of vac relay switched
fixed
load caps.   Ok, with 6 x vac relays,  they end up with enough combinations
obtain
any C you want.  Thats one helluva expensive way to do it.  They look like 6 x
gigavac
G2 relays.

##  JA6TAY  does that quite often on his myriad of different amps, but not
always.

Later... Jim  VE7RF

<Hello Jim,

A modern Henry, looks very nice, shakes piggy bank, shakes head.

--
Best regards,
Chris                            mailto:chris@chriswilson.tv