Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band
From: Merv Schweigert via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 06:49:28 -1000
I use the Elecraft K3, it outs out 1MW via the transverter interface, that drives a single MOSFET amp easily. Antenna I use my 160m InvL 70 up 70 out with a large variometer to tune to 475khz, tap the bottom end
of the variometer for 50 ohm coax feed.

I have seen most everything used for antennas, small verticals of 30ft tall with several top loading wires, 80 dipoles with feed line tied together used like a vertical, just about anything, usually all top loaded and
large coil at the base,  and radials.

See a number of the U3 being used as exciters, and several different transverters. VK4YB sells a excellent transverter for the new bands. Depends on what you have on hand and want
to spend.
73 Merv  K9FD/KH6

On the other end of things, what are folks using as exciters?

73, Roger
W7TZ
CN83ia
Grid Busters